Thank you The Anxious Dragon for nominating me for a Brotherhood of the World Award last week.
This is not an award as such, but a way of finding out more about the bloggers behind the blogs and celebrating blogs you follow.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the Rules and Display the Brotherhood of the world Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Answer the questions set to you.
- Nominate around ten bloggers.
- Create your set of questions for your nominees.
The questions I’ve been asked are:
- What was the last film to make you cry, and why did it do so?
- What was the last book you read and how did you rate it?
- What was your favourite childhood holiday destination?
- Which cartoon character is most like you and why?
- How do you decide what to write about in your blog posts?
I’d like to nominate:
Natalie, Kate, Claire, Jordan-Lee, The Lettuce Patch, On The Way, The Perks of Having Cancer, Yes to Life
And my questions to you are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite piece you’ve ever written?
- What are your hopes for the next 12 months?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life – what would it be and why?
- If you were a food, what food would you be?
…And now for my answers:
What was the last film to make you cry, and why did it do so?
I’m actually not sure because I’m not a big film-watcher, I tend to watch lots of TV. I think it was probably Still Alice (if you haven’t seen it then you should). It made me cry because Mum had only recently come out of hospital and I guess a lot of the film content hit home. But it was so beautiful alongside being sad and was incredibly well done.
What was the last book you read and how did you rate it?
I’m actually ashamed of how long it’s been since I read a book (that wasn’t a statistics textbook…). It was The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. It was a good book, I’d rate it quite highly. It’s not the best book I’ve ever read in my life but was a very good book. It’s about how a young girl copes with losing her older sister and I personally found it quite comforting.
What was your favourite childhood holiday destination?
We always went to France and I have lots of happy memories of cycling around and the odd bit of boating and occasional museum 🙂
Which cartoon character is most like you and why?
Haha I’m not sure to be honest!Today it would be Garfield because all I want to do is sleep and my hair’s a mess :p (and I’m ginger!)
How do you decide what to write about in your blog posts?
It’s my life! If something has particularly struck me or stood out to me – or I’ve found something happen over and over, I tend to write about it. I also write when I’m particularly struggling. I need to get better at writing the good times, too!
One thought on “Brotherhood of the World Award”
Fab answers, thanks for taking part xx